Thursday, May 17, 2012

Baby loves BabyBjorn

We have discovered that our baby doesn't like being treated like a baby very much. He is not even four months old yet but he likes to be at our eye level and look around, rather than sit peacefully in his place like other babies his age do. Some days he is happy in his buggy, but some days it seems just too boring or tight for him, we can never figure out. He keeps crying as if something is wrong but as soon as we pick him up he is fine and begins his cute coos. Hence, the solution we thought of was to look into baby carriers.
It is unbelieavable how many different types and styles of baby carriers are available in the market. Unfortunately, you do not know which carrier would be best for both you and your baby unless you actually try them on. We made a big mistake by ordering a Tomy carrier online. When it came we found it very complicated to use, by the time the baby was actually strapped in he would be crying to get out already. Plus, it didn't suit my body structure and put a strain on my back.
I looked at other moms walking around comfortably with babies double the size of mine, and thought that there must be a carrier perfect for me as well. I began snooping around and found out so many new names - Ergo, Moby, BabyBjorn and many more.
That's not it, every brand then has many kinds of carriers - original, sporty, organic etc.
On review sites every parent states their own personal preference, advantages and disadvantages. I was saved by a new mom-friend I found, who offered me to try on her BabyBjorn Active carrier. Her baby is the same size as mine. I found it very easy to put on and quite comfortable, but the best thing about it was the baby loved it.
Hence, I set out on a mission to find a cheap, second hand BabyBjorn, since we had already wasted money on a brand new Tomy carrier, which apparently no one wants on Marktplaats.
Not too long after, I found a seller, for only 15 euros she was selling her BabyBjorn because her baby girl had outgrown it. I was happily ready to spend that money on it. So I bought it, tried it and having been using it since. Its a nice feeling to have your baby attached to you, and the baby is happy with his full view of the world. The only disadvantage I can think of is that because he is facing outwards I don't get to see his cute face anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment