Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer Naps

I have no intention to complain how hot it is in Amsterdam these days. This short lived summer is more than welcome! I am taking full advantage of this sunny weather to introduce my son to nature and get some vitamin D in his body. Thus, every afternoon we walk to a nearby park with our little red blanket and find a nice spot under a tree where I can read a book and Mr Baby can play with his toys and the grass. He seems to be loving this adventure and one of its best perks is that he returns home quite sleepy.
So, today as we returned home from the park and Mr Baby silently drifted into sleep, I finally breathed a sigh of relief, took a paracetamol (I am a little sick) and lied down on the bed beside my baby.
Now, my lovely bedroom, with its lovely large windows is not very idyllic for an afternoon nap in the summer. Because of the heat we have to keep the window open, and when living on a main street, that is not a very good idea. While we have learned to ignore the tram and car sounds, the irritably noisy scooters of Amsterdam still act as an effective alarm to wake us from our peaceful slumber.
Summer has also made me realise how thin my bedroom curtains are and how ineffective they are for keeping the sunlight away, which these days shines right at our bedroom till 9pm.
Well, even with all these problems I got a nice one hour nap with my baby. Thankfully, he doesn't feel as hot as his Daddy yet, with whom sleeping in this weather is next to impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment